Tomorrow marks the 15th anniversary of Remedy's first AAA game, Max Payne!
[Throughout the next few days, there are several planned community celebrations that I'm really excited about set up by passionate fans and talented fellow fansite owners, so make sure to keep your eyes open! For up-to-date announcements make sure to follow TheSuddenStop, ComunidadRemedy, MaxPayneFanpage, PayneReactor or MaxPayne_UK on Twitter.]
This competition has now ended and our winner has been selected and contacted. Congratulations to Leon! If you didn't win this time, we'll be having more competitions and giveaways very shortly. Thank you to everyone who entered the competition and to those shared the post.
Released in 2001, Max Payne was Remedy's first AAA title. Prior to the project, the developers had only released one other game, a top down racer called Death Rally. This new game was much bigger and more ambitious for the team. Influenced by Hong Kong action movies, film noir and graphic novels as well as Norse mythology, on launch Max Payne became an icon in the games industry and even won a BAFTA for it's Bullet-Time mechanic.
So, why not a giveaway for those fans who want to relive the Max Payne adventures? The giveaway is targeted at both gamers who have played the series before, and those who are new but are interested. We've also included Remedy's sequel, Max Payne 2, in the giveaway.
Official Synopsis for the Max Payne Classic Bundle:
For this competition there will be one (1) winner. (Don't worry we'll be offering more prizes in future competitions and giveaways. So if you don't win in this competition, there will be more chances!) The winning entry will be chosen at random by Random.org. The winner will be contacted within one week of the competition finishing.
You can send us your answer at alanwake.thesuddenstop (at) gmail (dot) com
Write your entry in the comments section of THIS post or as a Private Message.
Send us your entry as a reply to THIS post or as a Direct Message.
- This competition is not sponsored. The prize was purchased by myself a few months ago.
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- This is open worldwide, but restrictions may apply on countries with limits on internet competitions.
- Entry is free.
- No cash prize alternative will be available.
- You must have a Steam account to enter so that the prize can be sent to you. (Setting up an account is free, and you don't need to have one at the time of entry, but you will need it to play the game.)
- A new winner may be picked if the first does not respond to the email after two weeks. Although this is only a last resort after three weeks with reminders and alternative methods of communication e.g. through social media posts.
- Competition begins at 22nd July 2016 at 15:00 BST and will end on 24th July 2016 at 23:59 BST (GMT +1).
- Please note that this is an unofficial competition and is not connected to Remedy, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Steam and Rockstar.
- There will be 1 (one) winner who will receive a copy of Max Payne Bundle on Steam. The bundle includes Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. Both games are +18, and to legally enter, you must be able to play the titles.
- Entries collected through Facebook follow the rules stated on 23rd August 2013, HERE.
- Entries collected through Twitter follow the rules stated in their Guidelines, HERE.